Matriculated, with exemption, at Mphaphuli High School, Thulamela Municipality, Limpopo in 1978
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (B com) from the University of South Africa in 1990, majoring in Economics and Business Economics
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree [Bcom (Hons.)] with the University of South Africa in 1996 specialising in Business Strategy and Advanced Business Finance
- Qualified as a Certified Associate of the SA Institute of Bankers [CAIB (SA)] in 1996
- Masters of Business Administration Degree (MBA) from Thames Valley University (UK) through Milpark Business School in 2000
Business Career Details
- First National Bank Ltd.: Supervisor 1979- 1991
- Old Mutual Ltd.: Assistant Branch Admin Manager 1991-1992
- African Bank Ltd.: Senior Branch Manager 1992-1993.
- NedEnterprise (Nedcor): Limpopo Regional Manager 1994-1995
- National Intelligence Agency: Divisional Head: Corporate Services 1995-1996
- Limpopo Economic Development Agency: Executive: Branch Network 1996-1997
- Limpopo Economic Development Agency: Managing Director 1997- 2004
- Ngululu Holdings (Pty)Ltd.: Executive Chairman 2004 to date
Limpopo Economic Development Agency is a development finance organisation owned by the Limpopo Provincial Government with an asset base of some R1 billion. Its assets includes a mining portfolio (comprising, amongst others, of a chrome mine and smelter, a PGM project, a vanadium project and RSA biggest atta-pulgite mine); a passenger bus company with over 400 buses, an industrial and commercial property portfolio. From 1998 to 2002 the corporation went through reengineering and restructuring to survive and to be repositioned in the market. This required about R800 million in capital injection raised from the financial markets for investment in mining portfolio (R400 million); passenger bus company (R350 million) and the property portfolio revamping (R50 million). These interventions were successfully executed during my tenor as MD.
Ngululu Group of Companies
Exec Chairman: Ngululu is a black-owned company founded by TC Luvhani in 1998. It is a broad based black-owned company and has 43 direct shareholders and over 70 indirect shareholders (beneficiaries). It has interests in mining exploration, energy, transport and logistics, ICT and security sectors
VBS Mutual Bank
Non-Exec Director and Audit Committee Member (2005 to 2014). VBS Mutual Bank is one of the two mutual banks in SA registered in terms of the Mutual Bank’s Act. The bank has assets of around R200 million and services about 50 000 rural clients dotted around the Vhembe District of Limpopo
Nexus Connexion (Pty) Ltd
Non-Exec Director and Finance Committee Member. Nexus Connexion is the 19% BEE shareholders in the second network operator, NEOTEL
Bonitas Medical Aid Scheme
Audit and Risk Management Committee Chairman. Bonitas Medical Aid Scheme is South Africa’s biggest open medical aid schemes with over 250 000 direct members and an annual contributions income of some R7 billion. I have been an independent member of its Audit and Risk Management Committee since 2005 and became its Chairman from 2006 to August 2011.
Autopax (Pty) Ltd
Non-Executive Director. Autopax (Pty) Ltd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the PRASA Group involved in passenger transport in the RSA through its brands City to City and Translux.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Associate Member of the Institute of Bankers in South Africa
- Member of the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa